84 new cases in BC (total: 4358; Δ 2.0%)
1354 VCH (prev: 1306; Δ 48; 3.7%; 31.1% of all)
2276 FHA (prev: 2242; Δ 34; 1.5%; 52.2% of all)
399 IHA (prev: 398; Δ 1; 0.3%; 9.2% of all)
150 VIHA (prev: 150; Δ 0; 0.0%; 3.4% of all)
107 NHA (prev: 106; Δ 1; 0.9%; 2.5% of all)
72 Outside Canada (prev: 72; Δ 0; 0.0%; 1.7% of all)
Total Active Cases: 629; 14.4% of total
Δ 51 (0.9%)
12 Hospitalized (prev: 9; Δ 3; 33.3%; 0.3% of total)
4 ICU (prev: 4; Δ 0; 0.0%; 0.1% of total)
3533 recovered (prev: 3500; Δ 33; 0.9%; 81.1% of total)
196 deaths to date (prev: 196; Δ 0; 0.0%; 4.5% of total)
Recovery Rate: 81.1% Δ -0.8%
The United States and Canadian border will be closed for another 30 days. The closure will expire on September 21, 2020 unless re-negotiated and mutually agreed upon. See bottom of post for updated travel and benefit deadlines.
“There has been one new health-care facility outbreak in the Fraser Health region at Queen’s Park Care Centre. In total, seven long-term care or assisted-living facilities and two acute-care facilities have active outbreaks.
“There are no new community outbreaks. However, there continue to be community exposure events around the province and on flights into and out of British Columbia.
- Richmond Lions Manor Bridgeport 2nd Floor (Aug 5, 2020)
- Joseph & Rosalie Segal Family Health Centre 8th Floor (Aug 6, 2020)
- Holy Family Hospital LTCF Rehabilitation Unit (June 9, 2020)
- Dania Home (July 31, 2020)
- Maple Ridge Seniors Village (Aug 4, 2020)
- Derby Manor (Aug 6, 2020)
- George Derby Centre (Aug 7, 2020)
- New Vista Care Society (Aug 8, 2020)
- Queens Park Care Centre (Aug 14, 2020)
- Haida Gwaii (July 24, 2020)
Island and Interior Health
- None reported
Public Exposure Events
For a map, please click on the link below.
Vancouver Coastal Health
- Vancouver, IVY Lounge (1161 W Georgia) (Aug 7 10 pm to 2 am)
- Vancouver, Levels Nightclub (560 Seymour St) (Aug 4, 7 9 pm to 3 am)
- Vancouver, Foot Locker (919 Robson) (Aug 4-5)
- Vancouver, Pierre’s Champagne Lounge (1028 Hamilton St) (July 31-Aug 7)
- Vancouver, West Oak Restaurant (1035 Mainland St) (July 31-Aug 7)
- Vancouver, PumpJack Pub (1167 Davie) (July 31-Aug 2)
- Lions Bay, Lions Bay Beach Park (60 Lions Bay) (July 26, 27, 29-31)
- Vancouver, Sandman Suites Davie (1160 Davie) (July 7-16)
- Surrey, Hookha Lounge 10609 King George Hwy (July 31, Aug 1, Aug 2)
- Surrey, Royal Jerk Spot Weekend Summer Fest Day and Night Rave (July 31, Aug 1, Aug 2)
- Coquitlam, Taphouse Coquitlam (Aug 1, 2)
- Coquitlam, Charlie Hamiltons Pub (Aug 4)
- Kelowna, Cactus Club (Aug 8)
- Kelowna, Liquid Zoo (July 15-18)
- Kelowna, Fossello’s (July 18, 20)
- Kelowna, Browns Socialhouse (July 13, 16-19)
Northern and Island Health
Travel Related Exposures
See website for full list.
Canadian travel order deadlines:
Travel Restrictions into Canada: August 31, 2020
Bans non-Canadian and non-Americans from entering Canada, as long as they do not have permanent residency status. This is determined by the federal government unless there is an existing treaty in place (ie United States). Length is determined by the federal government and was recently extended for one month.
Canada-US Land Border: September 21, 2020
Bans Americans from entering Canada and bans Canadians from entering the United States by land and sea, unless the travel is deemed essential or for reunification with family members. This agreement does not cover air travel into the United States. Must be agreed upon by the United States and Canadian government. Can only be extended on a monthly basis. The previous extension will expire August 21, 2020. https://twitter.com/DHS_Wolf/status/1294272922559930370
Quarantine Isolation Order: August 31, 2020
Forces individuals who recently entered Canada to have a quarantine plan and to self-isolate for 14 days. Maximum fine for failure to quarantine is $1,000. Length is determined by the federal government and was recently extended for another one month. Source: http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2020/2020-08-08/html/order-decret-eng.html
Travel between provinces:
- BC: No travel restrictions
- AB: Travel not advised. No travel restrictions
- SK: No travel restrictions
- MB: Self-isolate for 14 days except coming from Western Canada
- ON: No restrictions
- QC: No restrictions (except Cree Territory)
- NS NB PEI NFL: Self-isolate entering the Maritime provinces. Free travel between provinces.
- YT: 14 day quarantine except essential workers and residents from BC, NWT or NU
- NWT, NU: Only residents can enter and must self-isolate in Yellowknife, Inuvik, Hay River or Fort Smith
Other COVID-related deadlines:
Canadian Emergency Response Benefit: August 31, 2020
CERB gives $2,000 per month to individuals who lost their jobs or are unable to work due to COVID-19. If you are still unemployed, you may quality for enhanced Employment Insurance (EI).
Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy: November 21, 2020
CEWS is a support program for organizations and businesses whose revenue dropped by 30% or more. CEWS offers wage subsidy up to 75%.